The Importance of Grounding
by Brad Austen
Learning to Ground and Connect with the Earth
Grounding, which is sometimes also called 'earthing', is an important practice to help one feel balanced, safe and connected. There are many situations in life that can throw you off-center and create imbalance. Some of these can include stress, alcohol and drugs (including medication), and if you are particularly sensitive, even other people and large crowds. Thankfully, there are many ways to center and ground oneself. These can include eating certain foods, particularly organic foods that have been grown in the earth, to assist with grounding. In addition, spending time in nature, such as at the beach or in a forest among trees, preferably barefoot. Another way you can ground yourself is through meditation, particularly a grounding meditation that utilizes visualization.
Apart from indigenous communities, by in large the developed world has lost its connection with the earth. The animals have never lost this connection and are often seen fleeing an area before a natural disaster such as an earthquake. As humanity begins to go through the shift in consciousness, as we are now, we begin to reawaken our connection with Mother Earth, or Gaia. This will be a gradual process for most people, but the new babies that are being born now and in the future, will already be born with an enhanced awareness and connection. It is harder for adults that were born in the old energies to make this shift, but not impossible if this is their desire and intention.
Eating the right sort of foods, a lot of organic fruit and vegetables, will not only keep you fit and healthy, but also help with grounding. As you will be aware, regular exercise will also help to maintain a healthy weight and keep your body healthy. Sometimes you may put on extra weight to assist with grounding when going though the ascension process, often early in your ascension journey. The extra weight also acts as extra protection as more of your spirit is downloaded and integrated into your physical body.
While there are many activities you can do to help keep you grounded, a lot of lifestyle choices may also keep you ungrounded. One of the biggest ways to become ungrounded is to drink alcohol or use drugs regularly. Astral entitles can also attach themselves while under the influence of these, creating imbalance and emotional disturbances. Some crimes are committed this way, by an unbalanced individual under the influence of dark astral entities, through the medium of alcohol and drugs. As we go through the shift and the light on the planet increases, it becomes more important to stay balanced and grounded.
Step-By-Step Grounding Exercise:
The following is a step-by-step grounding exercise, which can be practiced as many times as you like, day or night.
• Either sit or stand with your feet flat on the floor. (If you find it preferable, go outside and take your shoes and socks off, placing your feet on the ground).
• Visualize in the center of the soles of your feet a small round chakra. Visualize this chakra opening and imagine a white cord coming out and running down into the earth below.
• Visualize this cord connecting with your earth star chakra about a meter under the earth. You may like to imagine this chakra beginning to spin as you connect with it.
• Now, visualize the white cord travelling deeper into the earth. This grounding cord travels into the center of the earth where it wraps around the core of Mother Earth. You may like to visualize this core as a sphere.
• When your grounding cord is connected to the center of Mother Earth, begin to draw up some of this energy, up through the grounding cord and into your feet.
• Focus on this connection for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until you feel grounded and connected to Mother Earth.
• When you feel ready, visualize the grounding cord detaching from the core of the earth and slowly travelling back up into your earth star chakra.
You may like to leave the grounding cord connected to your earth star chakra for the rest of the day or night, or until you practice this exercise again.
That is basically how simple it can be to ground oneself. With practice, it will become easier to make this connection and also sustain this connection throughout your day. Great healing can also take place with regular grounding and awakening of one's psychic ability, via visualization and connection with the earth.
Brad Austen is an insightful and creative meditation teacher and a valued member of The Guided Meditation Site. Please follow this link to explore Brad Austen's guided meditations.