Should your kids be meditating? This concise overview of the benefits of meditation for kids will help you decide.
Meditation is a process that teaches principles allowing you to control your thoughts, focusing your mind and concentration on a single idea or phrase.
For children, the easiest way to meditate is to find and listen to one’s own heartbeat. The heart is an organ that keeps us alive and allows us to feel love or sadness. By listening to our hearts we can understand more about our self and know our own hearts.
What Does My Child Need to Meditate?
Somewhere peaceful where they can be totally relaxed is ideal, but there is nothing else you need. No special equipment is required – the only thing you need is yourself!
What Will My Child Gain From Meditation? What Are The Benefits?
Life has unexpected twists and turns for all of us. Problems crop up every day as adults and our children are no different. Whether it’s one of the girls at school being mean, or a particularly stressful exam, we all have challenges to face and surprisingly, meditation can present some amazing benefits:
• Gaining Inner Peace – dispelling all those negative thoughts and negative energy can cleanse your mind.
• Increase Self-Awareness – clarifying your thoughts and allowing you to focus on your inner desires.
• Becoming Grounded and Calmer – you begin to realise what effect every day life plays on the consciousness and you learn to be more observant and more level headed.
• Inspiration – when you are working on new ideas or problems, meditating can help unlock the solution. Meditating on times tables, for example, can help them stay in your memory.
• Insomnia – one of the causes of insomnia is the constant stimulation of the brain which is such an issue in today’s society. Winding down becomes harder at the end of the day, but meditation can improve the quality of sleep and help sort out the daily mental clutter.
• Intuition – it is possible to develop an increased sixth sense and become more intuitive as the result of meditation.
• Happiness – inner happiness is a peace that comes from knowing that you are following your own path and are confident in your choices knowing they are best for you. If your heart is happy you can be a positive influence on others and become someone other people will want to be around.
Meditation is not an overnight exercise. Children won’t feel the benefits immediately, but with regular practice, just five minutes a day can bring positive changes to their life and learning ability. Of course the best thing to do is be a role model and use meditation in your life as well!
This article is copyright protected, however you may republish it online or in print media provided that that you include the following credit, including the active link:
Article source www.The-Guided-Meditation-Site.com.
Learn more about meditation at our meditation articles center
There's so much more to learn about the benefits of meditation for kids - click here to go deeper
For more tips and techniques and some cool ideas about meditation for kids visit www.emotional-intelligence-education.com